Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:52

The next episode is up!

First up, we have an email address for the Advice Archon;

advicearchon@gmail.com

Second off, this will be sort of a two-parter episode. ESE and I get too excited talking DE and tend to go long, and I can only cut and snip so much  Sad

Also, we have hit some bandwith limitations on Podomatic (you can still listen to it on the site, you just can't download it right now) - we may need to consider finding a different host, or upgrading to a Pro account there. I think I'm debating between Podomatic and LibSyn as the two providers that best look to fit our needs and budget (since it would basically just be ESE and I digging for change from the couch Laughing )

If anyone has any thoughts or insights to that, please let us know!

Hope you enjoy our thoughts on the HQs and the Coven Supplement.
The Troop review should be up in a few more days.

Regards,
Thor.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.

Last edited by Thor665 on Tue Nov 11 2014, 19:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:54

bounce So looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this later! The wife is out for dinner with friends, so I have all night!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:57

Look forward to listening!

In terms of budget, would something like Patreon benefit this set up with Denizens pledging a few bucks/pounds/euros here and there?

Its not like you are short of fans!

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 17:02

If cost is a concern, you may want to look into Patreon. It's a funding platform, similar to Kickstarter, but intended for recurring payments for ongoing creative works, as opposed to one-off investments.

Edit: ninja'd

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 18:36

Sad fact, as Barking_Agatha pointed out, Talos and Cronos don't have Power from Pain anymore. So no It will not die for them, just the Grotesques and Haemonculi getting to take advantage of the wound regeneration.
Back to top Go down
barenone
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 19:10

Maybe you guys should set up a spot for donations as well to run the cast. I would throw in.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 20:03

@PartridgeKing wrote:
Sad fact, as Barking_Agatha pointed out, Talos and Cronos don't have Power from Pain anymore. So no It will not die for them, just the Grotesques and Haemonculi getting to take advantage of the wound regeneration.
Did they ever have PfP?

I still don't have the supplement, but my recollection was that there was a Warlord effect that allowed a Haem to grant IWD to attached Talosi and Cronos(i?). I will admit maybe I'm just whistling Dixie, but that's what I had in mind when I said that.

@Everyone - I do appreciate the crowdfunding idea, and will keep in mind the offers of generosity. My big goal is just to find a host site that will fit properly with what we're doing, which is some decent storage space and RSS support to allow us to link into iTunes once we choose a permanent home.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 21:39

You guys even get to hear me make an ass out of myself by totally misreading a rule in this episode! Mad

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:07

Listening..
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
barenone
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:18

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
You guys even get to hear me make an ass out of myself by totally misreading a rule in this episode! Mad

oh ya i heard it. Dude how could you, I posted something on that days ago lol. Crucible bomb. Anyway damn good cast, enjoyed it immensely.
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:19

The warlord trait you are thinking of Thor is the one that allows reroll of 1 for FNP for the Cronos/Talos/Haemie.

Edits as I listen:

I concur about the agonisor. I'm thinking soul trap and agoniser would be a good way to go!

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun

Last edited by ligolski on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:44

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
When Thor corrected you:

If only Crucible worked the way you initially thought.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:10

I don't know if this is the intent, but if you guys keep going at this pace, you won't reach list discussions, strategies and tactics until a month out, maybe more.

Here is what I suggest (as someone who has managed podcasts before):
1. Make a list of what to talk about.
>both of you should make notes and talk about it before hand
>communicate with each other on which key points to talk about
2. Talk about those points under a certain time limit, 5-7 minutes including a brief overview of strategic use.
>stay around that time
>one person should be the moderator to make sure that you guys maintain the same pace
3. Focus on pacing - because right now it feels like an audio book.  Is that what you guys are going for?
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:23

I love, cannot state that enough, love the audio book quality of it.

I find a lot of podcasts dull and to the point. These feel crafted for us, every juicy morsel an excellent observation.

But that's just me Smile

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:26

@HERO - I kind of thought we were going for a conversation - does that count as an audio book? If so, then yes, if not, then no.

Also, yeah, we'll be awhile before we're done with the unit reviews - though after that I don't swear that we'll get into list building right away. There are lots of subjects to cover and the purpose of the podcast isn't solely to be that of a tactica. We also plan to discuss fluff, painting, models, and other aspects of the hobby.

Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 00:07

OK, if that's what you're going for then keep doing what you're doing Smile

It sounds like a super casual conversation between friends, so yes, very much like an audiobook.
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 01:03

Great podcast as always, and on the topic of the Agoniser Vs. Huskblade has been a debate between me and my friend. With the Aggie you need to get the exact wounds through to get the big guys down, which is easy to do with the larger number of hits, however with the Huskblade you only need to get the one hit and wound through, I personally am on the fence the re-rolls are nice, however the ID from the Huskblade may break or save your Archon. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, does the wound have to be made in the challenge for the Soul Trap, so then it wouldn't count if you do it in a regular combat.
Also a bit curious how long are you planning on having the average episode run, closer to 40 or 1 hour, just want to get an idea.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 03:59

Great stuff guys, really liking all the episodes so far. Excited for more. Don't worry Evil Space Elves, I got just as excited as you when I first thought that the crucible would do a hit on each psyker.... Sad Probably would have been -too- powerful but with random distance maybe not.....ohh well just have to keep shooting them up!
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 04:26

Interesting you never even considered my favorite new HQ - lhamaean in a venom. For 75 points you fill you HQ requirements. Only drawback is that without a character somewhere in your list you do not get a warlord trait. This can be worked around by taking a haemie in a coven detachment ...

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 05:00

@Egorey Just take a squad level character in one of your other units. Something cheap like a sybarite or a hekatrix, or if you want something a little beefier take an aboration or whatever you want.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 05:34

@Amornar wrote:
Don't worry Evil Space Elves, I got just as excited as you when I first thought that the crucible would do a hit on each psyker.... Sad Probably would have been -too- powerful but with random distance maybe not.....ohh well just have to keep shooting them up!

Great minds misread the rules alike? Razz Razz
Yeah, I really ran into that wall face-first at great speed Mad

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. I know that we are taking the codex breakdown slowly, but I think there are a million blogs/other podcasts that are doing lists while the pages are still hot from printing. While Thor and I approach the game/hobby differently, we both are longtime players of the army that like to take our time while digesting the changes to our favorite army in the 40K universe. If it sounds like a conversation between two people that love the army-it is! Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Skye26
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 09:48

Thank you for these podcasts guys, loving it Smile

Like a Star @ heaven Blah blah woof woof! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 14:35

@egorey wrote:
Interesting you never even considered my favorite new HQ - lhamaean in a venom.

Actually we did. Haven't gotten a chance to listen to the entire episode, but it might have gotten edited out due to overall length. We both agreed that if GW didn't FAQ it out, most tournament organizers would at minimum give you the stink eye. Mushkilla had a thread going where he suggested using an Aberation as your warlord as it is a character.....Wackiness ensues. Razz

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 14:47

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
@egorey wrote:
Interesting you never even considered my favorite new HQ - lhamaean in a venom.  

Actually we did. Haven't gotten a chance to listen to the entire episode, but it might have gotten edited out due to overall length. We both agreed that if GW didn't FAQ it out, most tournament organizers would at minimum give you the stink eye. Mushkilla had a thread going where he suggested using an Aberation as your warlord as it is a character.....Wackiness ensues. Razz

I definitely remember hearing that bit.

Loved last night's work though guys, really interesting listening to your take on things (and not at all how I expected either of you to sound!)

Don't forget though that just because you have a character in your HQ section, they don't have to be your warlord.

And good to see I'm not the only one that wants to take time exploring the feel of the army before settling on a favoured list - I've only had the one game so far, and have two or three more to go before I'll have tried all the combos I want to. Then there'll be several more putting a more chesive list together and refining it.

I am going to be getting coven stuff this time round though - and I'm actually managing to make painting progress once more! You're inspiring me both of you!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   Thu Oct 16 2014, 15:40

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
I am going to be getting coven stuff this time round though - and I'm actually managing to make painting progress once more! You're inspiring me both of you!
That's pretty cool - thanks!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 3   

Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: