HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Favourite Inconsistencies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grub
Wych
avatar

Posts : 826
Join date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Favourite Inconsistencies    Fri Oct 10 2014, 21:14

After a week of reading and playing through the new Dex I must say, its not complete despair but rather a throbbing sense of disappointment. So many things they missed out on. So for fun, your favourite inconsistencies from the dex, here are my own:

pg.3: "Forced through a dark quirk if fate to abandon their once potent psychic abilities, the dark eldar instead epitomise physical excellence. Their athleticism and speed are unmatched."
-except by every other army who are just as quick and show equal if not better physical excellence... Also, no psychic resilience at all


Pg3: "A dark Eldar raiding party is a fragile thing."
-yes. Correct. Fragile. And nothing else.


Pg8: " These black hearted pirates are the dark mirror of their craftworld kin, for whom they have nothing but contempt"
-except CWE are better in every way, and we are battle brothers...

Pg8: " Theire athletic physiques are lined with whipcord muscle, honed until they are superior even to those of their craftworld cousins"
- to the physical prowess of an imperial guardsman!

Pg8: "lightweight body suits incorperate bladed plates not only for protection, but gives them another weapon to use against their prey"
-APPARENTLY NOT

Pg8: "when the dark eldar emerge from their twilight realm they revel in their ability to outclass their enemies"
-by being perfectly average

Pg8: "Their piratical raids attack from above... Before leaping down to experience the slaughter first hand"
-after slowing down to a halt to allow the occupants to depart safely and calmly in an orderly fashion


Pg9 "Archons will insist upon recruiting bands of wyches from the cults they patronise because such warrior acrobats make deadly shock troopers"
-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pg9: "Reaver jetbikes perform high speed fly by strikes"
-5th called, it wants its uniqueness back

Pg9: "Scourges supply the kabalites with aircover"
-from the ground, with no aerial advantage...

Pg9: "While hovering Ravager gunships"
Quote from Ravager page: "instead ravagers are so nimble that they can ambush an enemy tank and destroy it in a single devastating (cough dark lance) pass"
-By being stationary....

Pg13: "should an organised response coalesce, the kabalites will simply fade away and attack elsewhere'
-ATTACK THEM BEFORE THEY DEPLOY

Pg21: Information is the lifeblood of Commorragh...pay handsomely for the Scourges to take their missives to destination by hand"
-our most effective unit is a paperboy

Pg21: "Mandrakes can flit from one shadow to the next without setting foot in between"
-but instead they choose to walk as it is easier then having to think of something interesting.


Some pretty laughable stuff in here. Hope you enjoy!




_________________
Delicious and Coven-Baked for your Pleasure

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 370
Join date : 2012-12-26
Location : Wimbledon, London

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Fri Oct 10 2014, 21:26

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 520
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Fri Oct 10 2014, 22:11

Voidraven indicates that its a superior stealth aircraft that can't be detected.
>gets face shot in by Interceptor.

_________________
HERO's Gaming Blog
A webway to better gaming
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 00:52

Pg8: " Theire athletic physiques are lined with whipcord muscle, honed until they are superior even to those of their craftworld cousins"

on par with eldar guardians who's main daily life routine is potter, baker, artisian.

Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 520
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 01:10

@darthken239 wrote:
Pg8: " Theire athletic physiques are lined with whipcord muscle, honed until they are superior even to those of their craftworld cousins"  

on par with eldar guardians who's main daily life routine is potter, baker, artisian.


Actually, they're better since they have Battle Focus and Fleet.

_________________
HERO's Gaming Blog
A webway to better gaming
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Selvhan
Hellion


Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 04:41

Yep, Eldar have Battle focus so they are better. They also have better armour. vehicles and psykers. The only thing they don't have is an assault vehicles.
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-11-22
Location : Bristol, TN

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 04:53

Bravo! A masterpiece of sarcasm and irony.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
avatar

Posts : 731
Join date : 2012-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 05:18

There are good answers to all of that.

@Grub wrote:
pg.3: "Forced through a dark quirk if fate to abandon their once potent psychic abilities, the dark eldar instead epitomise physical excellence. Their athleticism and speed are unmatched."

Exceeded, yes, but not matched.

@Grub wrote:
Pg3: "A dark Eldar raiding party is a fragile thing."

Handle with care and always keep at the correct temperature.

@Grub wrote:
Pg8: " These black hearted pirates are the dark mirror of their craftworld kin, for whom they have nothing but contempt"

And cake. Contempt and cake.

@Grub wrote:
Pg8: " Theire athletic physiques are lined with whipcord muscle, honed until they are superior even to those of their craftworld cousins"

They look better on the posters

@Grub wrote:
Pg8: "lightweight body suits incorperate bladed plates not only for protection, but gives them another weapon to use against their prey"

Their fashion sense.

@Grub wrote:
Pg8: "when the dark eldar emerge from their twilight realm they revel in their ability to outclass their enemies"

With their fashion sense.

@Grub wrote:
Pg8: "Their piratical raids attack from above... Before leaping down to experience the slaughter first hand"

Their own slaughter, that is.

@Grub wrote:
Pg9 "Archons will insist upon recruiting bands of wyches from the cults they patronise because such warrior acrobats make deadly shock troopers"

'My Archon, no!' 'Yes, I insist!'

@Grub wrote:
Pg9: "Reaver jetbikes perform high speed fly by strikes"

For higher pay and better benefits: they have an unusual Union.

@Grub wrote:
Pg9: "Scourges supply the kabalites with aircover"

Air covers of air songs by Air Supply.

@Grub wrote:
ravagers are so nimble that they can ambush an enemy tank and destroy it in a single devastating  pass"

They can, but they don't want to.

@Grub wrote:
Pg13: "should an organised response coalesce, the kabalites will simply fade away and attack elsewhere'

On another table where someone else is playing. They'll never expect that!

@Grub wrote:
Pg21: Information is the lifeblood of Commorragh...pay handsomely for the Scourges to take their missives to destination by hand"

Texting really takes it out of them.

@Grub wrote:
Pg21: "Mandrakes can flit from one shadow to the next without setting foot in between"

By skipping merrily. Smile
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2013-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 06:57

Tormentor helms

They used to do something
They used to have fluff that said they did something
Now they're not even mentioned anymore...
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
avatar

Posts : 826
Join date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 08:48

Oh another one, front page, awesome looking Archon in a super dynamic pose. Archon available to buy, sulking kid in the corner edition

_________________
Delicious and Coven-Baked for your Pleasure

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2011-09-15
Location : Malmö

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 10:28

Way are scourges hording all the useful stuff, that are not rely useful to scourges? They must truly be the master thieves of commorragh

They stole all the plasma grenades form our assault units, except wyches.
And the Solorite have claimed all the power spears, and most of the venomblades in the dark city.
My scourges are more interested in shooting stuff with heatlance / haywireblasters, and have those far never declared a charge. And have never thrown a single plasma grenade.

Both Incubi and reavers would love plasma grenades, and the arena champion are looking hungrily for the power spear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 10:48

jet fighter's that prefer attacking ground targets

bomber's that are better at shooting at other flyer's
Back to top Go down
Mayk0l
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 17:07

I was especially amused by the description of the bomber. I dont have the text here to quote it, but the part about it being so stealthy that other pilots constantly have to look for it by eye because their radars wont pick it up, how its so nimble nothing is as fast or agile.

I played a game with my DE and my friends DE versus Nids and Marines (dont ask). He tested the bomber. It came in, both its lances missed and it was then promptly shot out of the air by a unit of Termagants in one volley. Very Happy

Haha
Back to top Go down
Lord Klar Kashton
Slave


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sat Oct 11 2014, 23:07

@Mayk0l wrote:
I was especially amused by the description of the bomber.  I dont have the text here to quote it,  but the part about it being so stealthy that other pilots constantly have to look for it by eye because their radars wont pick it up, how its so nimble nothing is as fast or agile.

And yet, it doesn't have Vector Dancer. I guess we forgot to steal that from our kin during the fall. Sad

_________________
92 Golf-Death From Within
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2012-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sun Oct 12 2014, 02:26

We often win battles in the fluff, which seems pretty inconsistent.

_________________
The Dark Eldar and Dissynergy.
3d printed Dark Eldar bits on Shapeways.
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2013-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sun Oct 12 2014, 02:45

Dark Eldar always attack people right as the sun is rising.
They never fight anyone at midnight.

Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
avatar

Posts : 581
Join date : 2013-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sun Oct 12 2014, 03:36

"The Harlequin Masque known as the Midnight Sorrow are often seen amid the spires of High Commorragh."
-But not often enough to include them in the book.

"The Voidraven Bomber is the ultimate in Dark Eldar heavy weapons deployment. Its aerodynamic design and supersonic turn of speed allow it to dance through the sky with balletic grace..."
-Only it carries fewer heavy weapons than Scourges, Trueborn, Raiders, technically now Reavers, and apparently it's aerodynamic design lets it "dance" as well as a Storm Raven.

_________________
"Excess, yeah that's what we do best."
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Sun Oct 12 2014, 03:55

@Expletive Deleted wrote:
"The Voidraven Bomber is the ultimate in Dark Eldar heavy weapons deployment. Its aerodynamic design and supersonic turn of speed allow it to dance through the sky with balletic grace..."
-Only it carries fewer heavy weapons than Scourges, Trueborn, Raiders, technically now Reavers, and apparently it's aerodynamic design lets it "dance" as well as a Storm Raven.

Woa now. Let us not forget the storm raven is far more maneuverable as it has the ability to cut it's forward engines and hover in place. Smile We are but the masters of anti-grav. So masterful in fact that hovering planes is but a thing of the past!
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 331
Join date : 2013-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Mon Oct 13 2014, 06:43

I love the Talos. But I would also love some rules for variant Pain Engines, especially since the new 'dex mentions -

"Some, such as the fould Wireweaver, the flesh-dripping Maiden of Sorrows, or the terrifying Moonwidow are thankfully rare" (New 'dex)

Even the old 'dex mentioned some-

"From the clanking Chainghoul favoured by the Prohpets of the Flesh to the drill-legged Shrivener that guards the Everspiral..." (Same line in last 2 'dexs)

I just wish they'd take the next step and give us more Pain Engine rules. MOAR!

_________________
"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1059
Join date : 2013-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Mon Oct 13 2014, 06:55

I'm going to take free license to use all awesome models as grotesques or talos/chronos depending on size.

Case in point the morghasts or whatever those new bone guys that come two to a box. Hello bone talos.

And these really cool tomb king models I can't name currently (the mummy things with anubis/ra heads). Totally awesome bone grots.

_________________
For Khaela Mensha Khaine!
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Aberystwyth

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Mon Oct 13 2014, 14:21

@flakmonkey wrote:
I love the Talos. But I would also love some rules for variant Pain Engines, especially since the new 'dex mentions -

"Some, such as the fould Wireweaver, the flesh-dripping Maiden of Sorrows, or the terrifying Moonwidow are thankfully rare" (New 'dex)

Even the old 'dex mentioned some-

"From the clanking Chainghoul favoured by the Prohpets of the Flesh to the drill-legged Shrivener that guards the Everspiral..." (Same line in last 2 'dexs)

I just wish they'd take the next step and give us more Pain Engine rules. MOAR!

is there an indication that the supplements (especially the coven one) will include new ones.
Back to top Go down
Ichi Aenis
Slave
avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-10-09
Location : Notts, UK

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Tue Oct 14 2014, 01:47

@The Red King wrote:
And these really cool tomb king models I can't name currently (the mummy things with anubis/ra heads). Totally awesome bone grots.

Ushabti Smile
Back to top Go down
Ichi Aenis
Slave
avatar

Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-10-09
Location : Notts, UK

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Tue Oct 14 2014, 01:56

Actually...thinking about it, Vect might get the "Nagash treatment"...

The guy is the most flavourful & pretty much the cornerstone of the entire race then suddenly Nagash is pure fluff & has no entry for about 3 editions of any Undead/Tomb Kings/Vampire Counts army...then all of a sudden *BOOM*, he's back & bigger than ever (with one of the most stunningly intricate models I've seen GW produce).


Maybe in 3 editions Vect will return atop a Dias of Destruction that looks like the Commorragh equivalent of a Lamborghini Reventon...bristling with weapons
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1059
Join date : 2013-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Tue Oct 14 2014, 02:31

Ushabti yes. Sick bone made grotesque Very Happy haha!

_________________
For Khaela Mensha Khaine!
Back to top Go down
KiriONE
Hellion


Posts : 34
Join date : 2013-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Inconsistencies    Wed Oct 15 2014, 04:35

the beasts have nightvision? as does the Voidraven Bomber? I guess for the times you get Solar Pulse by Necrons.
Back to top Go down
 
Favourite Inconsistencies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

 :: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: