Splintermind Episode 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Wed Oct 15 2014, 03:21

@egorey wrote:
I still believe that assault CAN play a major role in a DE list. Reavers, taloi, incubi, grots and even an all beastmaster squad - all decent enough units.
Sure, they are all decent enough, and if you run them as about 50% of your army and have solid success with it against armies built by others with the intent to win the game I will agree that perhaps 7th is not as shooting focused as I believe it to be.

There is a difference between running 1-2 assault units and running an assault army. Assault armies are not as competitive right now, because the game currently favors shooting.

@egorey wrote:
As for the warlord traits - if you go with succubus or beefed up archon you now have a lot more decent traits. 'm going to assume you will discuss WWPs later ... And it is tactical traits you were looking for. There is very little reason not to choose this in maelstrom.
I agree with both of these.

@egorey wrote:
I noticed that you never mentioned something that was brought up on my thread - if you take the realspace raiders you cannot take a fortification. This might not be a big deal but I like fortifications because I null deploy a bit .. less now with maelstrom but ...
You still could, it just depends on how many points you have available and your goals. I'll admit I didn't think to mention it because I never field fortifications. A fortifications for DE discussion might be a good idea for a show though...

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Wed Oct 15 2014, 04:16

Thor wrote:
There is a difference between running 1-2 assault units and running an assault army. Assault armies are not as competitive right now, because the game currently favors shooting.

Well we have had the assault vs shooting debate already and yes, 7ed is oriented towards a mobile shooting list. But you can break the mold with caution.

ESE wrote:
don't know about Thor, but I didn't bring it up because I think Dark Eldar players that use fortifications should turn in their Dark Eldar Card

Just lol. You know Sean always used fortifications and I'm pretty sure he is keeping his membership card.

All said you guys are doing a great job. I cannot wait for the next installment. Amnd I'm not about to argue with you Thor -- I always lose those arguments. So we will just discuss instead.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
KiriONE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:07

Part of the shame of Blade Dancer is the fact Lelith gets it which is almost a waste. At 9 she's hitting on 3s against just about everything in the game. How many WS9 units are there in the game that you'd be willing challenge against? The only thing that comes to mind is a Daemon Prince, something that I'd probably not send Lelith against, especially since I'm surrounded by splinter weapons.

So I do see this as a bit of a wasted opportunity with a warlord trait.

Curiously, unless I'm missing something, Drazhar doesn't come with a Warlord trait? If this is true the personal traits options seems REALLY good for him. Counter-Attack, Furious Charge, +1VP for each enemy character slain in challenge, FNP, IWND. Lots of good options. Expecting that to be FAQed though.
Back to top Go down
HedonusVex
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Sat Oct 18 2014, 20:32

Evil I want to make love to your voice. Sweet tender sick twisted torturous love.
Back to top Go down
Couchatron
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Thu Mar 10 2016, 06:08

Just finished Episode 2! I'm liking what I'm hearing so far!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Thu Mar 10 2016, 16:25

Good, it only gets worse.

...wait.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 2
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: