Share | 

Splintermind Episode 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Fri Oct 10 2014, 07:08

Oh I remember and did the same thing then too. All the wyches, hellions, reavers, any of them that are wearing wych suits are not wearing capri's. But we could paint her up like she got called away from holiday to go to war and she didn't get time to go home and change, right?! HAHA Pasleys or Hawian print, OMG that would be funny as all get out.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Fri Oct 10 2014, 12:21

Loved this episode. I think you guys are doing a great job... the balance of fluff, modeling/painting, tactics, list-building and game-mechanic critique is perfect. Really looking forward to hearing more about both you guys hobby background at some point, almost like the IC's talk a little about what you've been up to etc... perhaps after the shockwaves of the new codex calm down. Anyway great 2nd episode guys looking forward to the next!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Fri Oct 10 2014, 14:05

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
@Black Death wrote:
On the succubus, I will be green stuffing her boots on, not much for the capri's either. So knee shields and boots.

I knew I wasn't the only one!! Razz  When I painted the 5th edition Succubus model(remember metal HQ's?) I started painting the pants, got down to the boots...."What the hell? Are those combat capri's?!!! What gladiator wears capri pants in the in the arena? Evil or Very Mad

Is that better or worse than the 3rd ed battle thongs?
Back to top Go down
DestroyApathy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Fri Oct 10 2014, 15:02

Another great show. I really like the approach you both bring, and the way the discussion develops organically, like a conversation, but fit around a definite structure. i.e. free flowing, but not rambling. It's a difficult balance and I think you two pull it off really well.

I like that there's a lot of Dark Eldar discussion going on in general at the minute. But to be able to listen to people that are informed, seem to love the hobby and don't dwell on the negatives even though they aren't hidden is fantastic. With this and the videos that Skari is putting up on his Youtube channel, we aren't stuck listening to people who don't understand Dark Eldar players.

I know you'll come to units individually, but just a note about Hellions not being great. I'm sorry, but I can't recall just now whether you specified a reason being them not having grenades, but I have heard this often as a drawback to them. But they are Jump Infantry, so although you then forgo your 12" movement in the movement phase, you can just opt to charge with the jump move, thus not being affected by terrain. I know there are many other problems people have with them, but I don't know if people had quite factored this in.

Thanks again for the show guys. I look forward to many more.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Fri Oct 10 2014, 18:59

Battle thongs are aerodynamic. PFFTTT mwhahaha

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Fri Oct 10 2014, 19:41

Where is the unicorn-corner?!?! Surprised
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Fri Oct 10 2014, 22:07

Great job guys! I love it! I haven't dove into the stuff you have talked about yet on the blog, but just did my first impressions on all the units in a quick and dirty manner. I look forward to your thoughts as well!

Keep up the good work gents!

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Fri Oct 10 2014, 22:44

Was this podast's intention for a very, very surface-area glance of the new codex? Because I felt like it paced too heavily towards the beginning of the codex (traits, drugs, pfp) and barely touched anything in the actual codex itself.
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Fri Oct 10 2014, 23:46

@HERO wrote:
Was this podast's intention for a very, very surface-area glance of the new codex?  Because I felt like it paced too heavily towards the beginning of the codex (traits, drugs, pfp) and barely touched anything in the actual codex itself.
Each episode is going to focus on a specific area of the codex until they can get to everything. This is to ensure that each episode is not overly long but at the same time give a good amount of information on each area.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Sat Oct 11 2014, 00:20

@HERO wrote:
Was this podast's intention for a very, very surface-area glance of the new codex?  Because I felt like it paced too heavily towards the beginning of the codex (traits, drugs, pfp) and barely touched anything in the actual codex itself.

We mentioned at the beginning of the episode that Episode 2 was devoted to covering army wide special rules. Episode 3 will feature specific unit breakdowns for HQ and Troop units.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Sat Oct 11 2014, 00:39

OK, cool thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Grub
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Sat Oct 11 2014, 08:02

Another great job!
To jump on the question bandwagon:
Would you consider taking a shock prow and enhanced sails on a raider for some serious high speed ramming?

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Sat Oct 11 2014, 09:05

Well done! Another great Episode, looking farward to number 3!

@Grub: As far as i recall, the ramming is done in the movement phase. Sadly the tourboboosting is done in the shooting phase.

Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Sat Oct 11 2014, 14:37

Also, in 7th edition, the distance traveled has no bearing on the strength of the ramming attack.

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Sat Oct 11 2014, 15:32

Finally got a chance to listen this morning as I was making/eating breakfast. Once again a great job, the length was perfect and sound quality was wonderful. Looking forward to listening to more awesome episodes in the coming weeks and months.

Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Sun Oct 12 2014, 01:15

I mean for a "hit and run" attack so to speak!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Sun Oct 12 2014, 01:42

Okay, I get what you mean now - maybe we'll address that one. Thanks!

The Title Troupe! - Nom fellow posters for custom titles.
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Mon Oct 13 2014, 16:05

@Evil Space Elves wrote:

Oh man, so much time could be spent on this. It will be a while before we get to these, but I would love to answer your question in a PM if you don't want to wait a month or more. Teaser: BOTH!

The PM wouldn't hurt, but also think this could be useful, as not many painting tutorials in anyway are army centric, this podcast focusing on the truekin could really help newbies get used to the style and adapting it. Can't wait for this week's episode.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Unholyllama
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Mon Oct 13 2014, 16:08

Listened to both episodes this weekend. Great job guys! Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Mon Oct 13 2014, 16:12

Same here, good stuff keep it up glad to see the DE community so motivated!
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Mon Oct 13 2014, 16:23

Yep just finished the second ep. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I am looking forward to your unit breakdown and tactics (also please please please can you get this up in iTunes, I want to subscribe so I can listen at work and on the move. I currently have to listen when I am at home, usually in bed, and have fallen asleep 3 times now during this ep Very Happy - no reflection on your content of course)

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Mon Oct 13 2014, 19:29

@spellcheck2001 wrote:
Yep just finished the second ep. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I am looking forward to your unit  breakdown and tactics (also please please please can you get this up in iTunes, I want to subscribe so I can listen at work and on the move.

Thanks! We haven't put our RSS feed on iTunes yet only because it is a paint to update your feed if you switch hosting sites. We are trying to makes sure the site we are using for hosting is a permanent one before we put the podcst on iTunes. It certainly is in the works though Twisted Evil

A big thank you to all that have given us such wonderful feedback. I can tell you that episode(s) 3 will include a breakdown of our HQ and Troop choices Twisted Evil

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Tue Oct 14 2014, 00:41

@spellcheck2001 wrote:
Yep just finished the second ep. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I am looking forward to your unit  breakdown and tactics (also please please please can you get this up in iTunes, I want to subscribe so I can listen at work and on the move. I currently have to listen when I am at home, usually in bed, and have fallen asleep 3 times now during this ep Very Happy - no reflection on your content of course)

This is why Apple products are a fail. Anyone else can just click on the download button and transfer the file wherever they want it.

Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Wed Oct 15 2014, 02:21

I liked the episode. There were a few things I did not agree with but that is nneithwr here nir there - we all have opinions. I still believe that assault CAN play a major role in a DE list. Reavers, taloi, incubi, grots and even an all beastmaster squad - all decent enough units. As for the warlord traits - if you go with succubus or beefed up archon you now have a lot more decent traits. 'm going to assume you will discuss WWPs later ... And it is tactical traits you were looking for. There is very little reason not to choose this in maelstrom.
Now I have not played a lot of games with the new codex and I am still jiggering lists. My last game was a blast though. I noticed that you never mentioned something that was brought up on my thread - if you take the realspace raiders you cannot take a fortification. This might not be a big deal but I like fortifications because I null deploy a bit .. less now with maelstrom but ...

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   Wed Oct 15 2014, 03:08

@egorey wrote:

I liked the episode. There were a few things I did not agree with but that is nneithwr here nir there  - we all have opinions. I still believe that assault CAN play a major role in a DE list. Reavers, taloi, incubi, grots and even an all beastmaster squad - all decent enough units.

Totally agree. I always play assaulting DE lists (even when it is to my detriment) and can never bring myself around to playing a shooting/maneuvering list 100% Razz

@egorey wrote:
I noticed that you never mentioned something that was brought up on my thread - if you take the realspace raiders you cannot take a fortification. This might not be a big deal but I like fortifications because I null deploy a bit .. less now with maelstrom but ...

I don't know about Thor, but I didn't bring it up because I think Dark Eldar players that use fortifications should turn in their Dark Eldar Card lol! I'm drawn to the army because it is the fastest army in the game. Fortifications?
Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splintermind Episode 2   

Back to top Go down

Splintermind Episode 2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind