Share | 

Were we cheated by GW?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 09:43

A friend of mine just made me aware of one thing... GW specifically stated in the WD that every Wrack can take a Power Maul... which it cannot... They also went on and on about how stealthy, shrouded and whatnot the Bomber is... well it is not...

Is it cheating on customers in hopes of getting some sales prior to the actual rules release?
Is it not like false advertising or something like that?
Is that something we should do something about?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 09:57

Not only can every Wrack not take a Power Maul, none of them can as it doesn't even exist in the DE Codex, despite being specifically mentioned in WD. Mind you, GW also managed to produce a beautiful Succubus model with weaponry it can't actually take...

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 10:05

Does not bode well for someone who is thinking about returning to the fold after a year hiatus...
Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 10:12

Class action lawsuit?

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 10:55

Technically speaking, it IS false advertising.

(Not that I'm recommending trying or anything)
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 14:08

People are shocked that GW has internal continuity issues and doesn't really care about its fanbase? The world's gone mad! Very Happy

Anyhow, I do think it was a silly move by them. At least the models are very, very pretty...

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 14:52

Yea. But I would like to at least hear what they have to say about that... Does anyone have someone in GW who could be asked these questions or should I just write an email to a GW support? (heh heh... cough...)
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 15:29

If it's the battle report you're referring to, it may just be bad grammar, I thought they were referring to the Bullgryns having power mauls not the wracks...

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
valmir
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 15:33

It's also possible/likely that the battle report was played with incomplete/unfinished versions of the codex.

But bad grammar also seems pretty likely.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 15:46

They also called an Ichor Gauntlet bit a Liquifier Gun. And this is when rules weren't even involved!

The batreps in WD, if we can call them that, completely mix up fluff and rules to a point where even the editors have no idea what's going on.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 16:14

That does not explain the Voidraven bomber entry... its description says its invisible to all sensors and early warnings, its superfast and superagile, even sound of the engines is dampened... and what did we get? Papermash aeroplane that will be shot down by everything that points its finger to and definitely does NOT posess any stealth suite or dampening and is agile as an ork plane...
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 16:17

The powermaul for the Wracks are for that minigame. Its just to say what the different random close combat weapons are for that game. That was my thought on the WD article tho
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 16:30

aurynn wrote:
That does not explain the Voidraven bomber entry... its description says its invisible to all sensors and early warnings, its superfast and superagile, even sound of the engines is dampened... and what did we get? Papermash aeroplane that will be shot down by everything that points its finger to and definitely does NOT posess any stealth suite or dampening and is agile as an ork plane...

And Dark Eldar are faster, stronger and tougher on average than their Craftworld kin. Fluff and rules aren't the same. I think this is a bit of an overreaction to a couple models not quite matching their fluff.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 16:42

They are refering to this (WD34):

Quote :
The Wracks kit contains five multi-part plastic models, macabre servants of the Haemonculi. Each Wrack has access to a bewildering array of weapons, from hooked blades and studded clubs to power mauls and exotic guns, such as the hex rifle, liquifier and ossefactor.

In this Article they explain the new kit. No mention of the minigame here. And yes, they indeed mention power mauls as part of the kit.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 18:22

Yea, it might seem as overreaction until you take into account how many ppl did preorder these things under the impression that the rules will at least little reflect the advertising... as an example I give you Crimson Hunter of the CWE. Not EXACTLY by the fluff, but it is reflected. Its not friggin Ork Flyer!
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 18:27

Hmmm I hadn't even looked and seen they can't take power mauls... that's not a fluff problem that's a straight up lie about what comes in a product they were selling.

However technically there most certainly is a power maul on the sprue (I have it in my hand), but we can not equip anything with it so.... what happened there?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 18:58

I feel like I was cheated. I ordered bomber and codex. 1 Day shipping preorder one first day it was available. Still have nothing. I give them a call and it will be at my house on the 14th. Some 1 day freaking shipping there. Wont know if i feel bad or good about codex until it arrives.

Last edited by barenone on Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:04

I don't feel cheated at all! They wrote us an excellent book, with tons of competitive builds! I think the bomber's going to be a great alpha strike unit on the table top!
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:05

My screen just bled sarcasm while displaying your post. :-D
Back to top Go down
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:06

WELL, if no one has noticed....in the codex on page 69 -the Wargear Page, GW lists the PGL as being on page 107- (electronic wrong buzzer)'EEEEHHHHH!!! Wrong Answer!!

It is on page 105!
Most glaring typo/proof reading error found so far-aside from wargear equipment issues....

So it does not surprise me....
Oh and Red King, hell with it, find the rules somewhere for a power maul ,do a personal FAQ and play test it.. or send a letter to GW... I am still going to send a letter to them....

I guess we will see a good size faq in a month or 6....
Back to top Go down
Spiney Norman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:15

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
They are refering to this (WD34):

Quote :
The Wracks kit contains five multi-part plastic models, macabre servants of the Haemonculi. Each Wrack has access to a bewildering array of weapons, from hooked blades and studded clubs to power mauls and exotic guns, such as the hex rifle, liquifier and ossefactor.

In this Article they explain the new kit. No mention of the minigame here. And yes, they indeed mention power mauls as part of the kit.

Were you also expecting the new codex to include rules for "hooked blades" and "studded clubs"? Its quite obvious it was just flavour text, this seems like moaning for the sake of moaning if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:16

aurynn wrote:
My screen just bled sarcasm while displaying your post. :-D

I was actually being serious. This book got insanely strong.

The new 6 FA detachment is nuts
Grots got super good
Urien is awesome and a great boost to power from pain
3+ Jink is so nasty!
venoms as FA?! 65 pts for 12 splinter shots, without having to purchase the crew tax. That's BALLER!
Haywire scourges, see ya later mech and knights!

The lists go on and on. These guys are VERY competitive now.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:20

Right and now try and put all that into one list. :-D The new dex is definitely not bad IMHO, but VERY competitive...? Okay, maybe I see one variant 2x 5-talos formation and 2x Haemi/Talos/Cronos formation. With upgrades it just around 2000 pts and hell of a tough nut to crack. :-)
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:26

Here's a 2k list:

Urien
Haemy

Troops:

10 warriors, 1 w/ splinter cannon; Raider, night shields, splinter wracks

Fast attack:

5 scourge, haywire
5 scourge, haywire

venom dual splinter cannon

Razorwing
Razorwing

Elites:

4 grotesques, (in unit with Urien and haemy)

Dedicated transports (noted above)

Raider, night shields splinter racks
Raider, night shields

Heavy Support:
Void Raven

This is two CAD with the DE detachment as one of them at 2000 points. GG
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Were we cheated by GW?    Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:29

django_unchained wrote:
I don't feel cheated at all! They wrote us an excellent book, with tons of competitive builds! I think the bomber's going to be a great alpha strike unit on the table top!

The bomber is probably the most bloated worthless unit in the codex. Fully kitted out it's almost the price of a storm raven with none of the durability, none of the special rules, no transport capacity, and similar weaponry, however that weaponry isn't mounted on a turrent, so aside from not having hover or vector dancer it's mobility is worse than the storm raven too. Unkitted it's the price of a heldrake, which is a lot more durable and can use it's "bomb" every turn. The white dwarf didn't lie:

Enemies don't notice the void raven. In fact they try to look away to spare you the embarrassment of including it in your list.

Last edited by Expletive Deleted on Mon Oct 06 2014, 19:44; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Were we cheated by GW?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: